Sunday, February 15, 2009

So, today I went on my site and found a link that said LIVECHAT! -2 members chatting. So I clicked on it and it took me to a window where people where chatting. I thought this would be a great idea because I haven't met anyone on my site, and no one had asked to be my friend, or become a fan of my profile. So I decided to join the chatbox, and it asked me before I could enter, what my gender was and also my age. I thought that odd, and I wonder if I would've said I was under 18 if they would've let me chat? Anywho, I told the chatters that I was reviewing the site for a class and asked if they had any suggestions for me and if there was anything cool that I didn't know about yet? Everyone ignored me!! I couldn't beleive it. They just kept talking about their relationships, past, experiences, and other things on the site. rude! I thought it was weird because I could see everything they were talking about, yet no one would talk to me! I thought this was a great example of the social community on the site. I've been a member for a little over 2 weeks now and haven't made any contacts through the site. The community on fanpop.com is created and established by those who join certain "spots" to be fans of. Once you join this spot, you are a member of that community and have opportunites to talk to other fans of that spot. It is maintained by the people who use those spots and the applications on it, and also by the website creators. I don't know how anyone can tell I am a newbie, but no one wants anything to do with me:(. I'm an outsider!

1 comment:

  1. interesting experience! why do you consider that rude?
    excellent observation!

    ReplyDelete